Things I Thunk

Ramblings from Scott Robinson-- about writing and photography and... stuff. Probably not all that exciting, but there you go.

Friday, May 05, 2006

I'm Back... Again

It must be that time of the year... Let's see what happens this time.

A quick update... On the second day of my cricket semi final (the first of whihc was washed out-- for those of you who didn't read the previous post), we almost won. It was close. We went out and batted, scoring a quick 96 runs before declaring. Proceeded to bowl them out for 103. Then we went and scored another 60 runs leaving them with a total of 54 runs to win in about an hour. The trouble was, of course, they didn't actually need to win. They just needed to not lose. In cricket, for those of you who don't know, that is a huge difference. At one stage we had them at 5 for fifteen (five wickets down out of a total of 10 having score only fifteen runs). But that was the end of it. We missed a couple of chances and they finished at 5 for thirty. I can assure you, we had them worried. But that was that. Oh well...

I did get a trophy at the club's presentation dinner. Most catches. Wasn't expecting it, so it was a nice surprise.

Apart from that I haven't done a whole heap. Still have the same job. It still isn't terrible. Who'd have thought? Still not writing much, but hopefully that's about to change. My incentive is looking good...

I was in the city (Brisbane, QLD, Australia, for those who don't know) on the morning of my afore mentioned cricket presentation dinner. I'd gone in to take some photos and, well, hang out like some teenager or something. I don't know. But anyway someone else-- let's call her Kel-- had the same idea. We started chatting. Six and a half hours later I had to go to the dinner. I knew I was in trouble when, later that night, sitting around with a bunch of guys I really like-- talking ourselves up and giving each other shit and generally having a good time-- I couldn't help but think there was somewhere else I'd rather be. That was late march. It feels like I've known her forever (in a good way :o) ).

Anyway, this is relevant to writing because I told Kel that if she gave me three elements, I'd work them all into a story. (Luckily, she reads fantasy as well). So now, I feel I have to do it, otherwise I'll be a liar. Or something like that. Any day now I should be finishing a short story that involves a blind wizard, a letter and a blue triangle... Any day now.

I'd be writing it now, if I wasn't writing this. I'd be writing it later, if there wasn't a rugby league test on television. I'd be... Shit. Well, I ˆhaveˆ started it. I have about 1300 words. Some of them are actually pretty good.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:17 am, Blogger Heather said…

    How is that story going, Scott?

     
  • At 9:33 pm, Blogger Scott said…

    Thank you for asking, Heather. Though it wasn't very nice of you.

    It isn't going to well. Firstly my computer died. Or maybe that was secondly. Anyway, on friday I spent about $2000 on a new laptop. So that excuse is over.

    And secondly, I was moving house. But now I'm moved, so that excuse is over too.

     
  • At 9:01 am, Blogger Heather said…

    "Though it wasn't very nice of you."

    Pftht. I was interested.

     
  • At 1:43 pm, Blogger Scott said…

    I though you might have been interested. It wasn't nice becuase I had to admit to not writing much. Or anything.

     
  • At 2:07 pm, Blogger Heather said…

    Yeah. That would be your problem, not mine. Ner ner.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home