Things I Thunk

Ramblings from Scott Robinson-- about writing and photography and... stuff. Probably not all that exciting, but there you go.

Sunday, June 10, 2007

How Things Change v.3

I'm getting married.

Kel and I went to Sydney for a weekend in November last year. We went to a show at the Opera House. We took in the sights. We got engaged. For those who are interested in that sort of thing, I asked in the Botanical Gardens. If I could do it over again I would probably do things a bit differently. But I asked and Kel said yes, so that's the main thing.

So, the wedding is in August. It will be 17 months since we met.

And I may have previously said we met when I went to the city to take some photos, but we actually met on the internet. It seems to have worked :)

Also, We have bought a house in Nanango, which is a small town (population 4500) about two and a half hours north west of Brisbane. We will be moving there in January. Has four bedrooms and a huge yard and we wouldn't have been able to afford anything like it in Brisbane.


We were looking at some acreages just outside of town as well. One was on the side of a mountain with absolutely no lawn at all. The other had five acres of lawn. Both of them were nice, but the houses were smaller and they were more expensive.


Last weekend we went to a cousins wedding in Melbourne. Was nice, but could have done without the expense at this stage. The house, our upcoming honeymoon to Europe, a new engine for the car... It's all getting a bit expensive.

So, that's all. Have to go do some work to pay for everything. Well, not really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home