Things I Thunk

Ramblings from Scott Robinson-- about writing and photography and... stuff. Probably not all that exciting, but there you go.

Sunday, August 08, 2010

Another Day, Anothet Novel

I've started another novel.

I finished the Brightest Light. It is currently working it's way towards the top of the Baen slush pile. It's their type of novel (unlike Songs of other Worlds or whatever it was at the time). I think it has a shot.

The Subtle Chains is in hiatus.

And it's all Terry Pratchett's fault. He has organised some sort of competition for novels. The prize is a $20000pound advance, or something like that, but unfortunately the story has to be set entirely on earth. And it has to be submitted by the end of this year. So I am not about 5k words into a new novel about witches and goblins and fairies. I was thinking of making it YA but there's talk of suicide and the doing of sex in the first few scenes so I'm not really sure. I could probably change it, and I will leave that option open, but at the moment I'm just going to write what comes.

It's going pretty well, so far. I did start it about a month ago but that didn't work out. It started in the fairy realm with a goblin as the main character, now it starts on earth from a human POV. Much better this time around.

We are still living in the shed, thought at the moment we are staying down at my parent's house because they're away for 5 weeks visiting Deborah in NT. It's great having a house. We want a house. We have had Nanango on the market but have taken it off while we wait for the messy tenants to move out. We really need to sell so we can buy...

Bayli and Noah are doing great. NAd that's all. I should be writing. A goblin and 2 sprites have just come appeared in our realm because of an accidental spell cast by a novice witch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home